Friday, July 11, 2008

The Calm, before the Storm

Since getting back from the Level ll Cert, in St. Paul, a couple of weeks ago I decided to give my training some structure, inspired by the new Max V02 'boost' protocol...but first a small break. Because I had been swinging with mostly the 16kg, and up, for weeks, I was having some upper back soreness that I kept irritating by these heavy workloads.

I still have to enter my snatch points from the training I did while in St. Paul, but first here's how my 1st week back home looked like....

Monday 6/30
9:30am KB 2 hand swings, uphill and downhill ladders w/12kg, 16kg, 20kg
48 min. total workout

Tuesday 7/1
11:30am 1 hour walk
no KB (well kind of...lol...does 600 2 hand swings w/12kg, count?)

Wednesday 7/2
no KB, no workouts

Thursday 7/3
7:15am Bikram yoga
11:30am 50 min. walk
no KB

Friday 7/4
7:15am Bikram yoga
no KB

Saturday 7/5
7:30am KB (finally!)
heavy 2 hand swings w/12kg, 16kg, 20 kg
66 min. total workout

Sunday 7/6
8:00am Bikram yoga (with my yoga buddy, lol)
no KB

Monday 7/7
beginning of my new Max Vo2 training......

2 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

2-hand swings? No, that doesn't count because you did only 600 reps. It's as if you didn't even look at the kettlebell.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Aaron,

I was 'pacing' a client because I forgot my gymboss and she and her husband workout together and pace eachother, but he wasn't there.

I didn't really count it because even though it was only the 12kg (2 handed) I was so wiped out from my workouts over the weekend and then a heavy workout on Monday, I could barely swing it, lol!