Monday, July 14, 2008

A Moment of Defeat, a Life of Victory

A feeling of defeat is not the same as being defeated. A feeling of defeat can last for only a moment, being defeated can last a lifetime.

A feeling of weakness is not the same as being weak. A feeling of weakness can last for only a moment, being weak can last a lifetime.

I have moments of defeat, I have moments of weakness.

I have a life filled with victories, sometimes victories come from defeat. I have a life filled with strength, sometimes strength comes from weakness.

4 comments:

sheryl said...

Nice post. It's like the forest for the trees... So many times we experience defeat and weakness and I guess it comes down to how we recognise and deal with it. Great post :)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Sheryl,

What's important to me is that i don't stay "stuck" in it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Boy, do I understand that more clearly now than ever. I have realized, sometimes it takes NOT performing well or feeling weak or defeated, to make you realize how strong you really are.