Sunday, May 27, 2007

Heather's workout

My Friday KB client started in February as a total beginner with an athletic background but currently hadn't been training regularly for a few years (kids/family/business/life etc.). We've been working consistently and she is now able to do 40 rep sets for 1 min., but this week I had her do 30-40 sec. sets concentrating on building strength all on one side before switching to the next. This workout also inspired my own Sat. workout.

Warm up w/12kg

2 hand swings, 4 sets
15 reps x 2
20 reps
25 reps

Work sets

10 1 hand swings, 2 transfers, 10 1 hand swings, starting on L w/8kg

10 2 hand swings, 2 hand trans. to a 1 hand swing L, back to 10 2 hand swings w/12kg

10 1 hand swings, 2 transfers, 10 1 hand swings, starting R w/8kg

10 2 hand swings, 2 hand trans. to a 1 hand swing R, back to 10 2 hand swings w/12kg

5 rotations

All 4 sets took 30- 45 sec and done in an "I go, you go" fashion (with me of course!) for a total time of around 25 min. straight, after warm up sets, and after having her demonstrate each of the 4 sets 1 time. I think she calculated out around 565 reps?

2 comments:

Royce said...

Good lord Tracy you are not only a machine you're creating them. Good job, those short rests just kill me!!

Tracy Reifkind said...

When the rest period is so short that I think "Damn, is it time already (to start the work set again)?" Then I know I'm really working!