Friday, May 11, 2007

See Saw Presses

I had somethings to do early Thursday morning, so I didn't get to my workout until 11:00am, which is late for me. I measured my bodyfat after my workout and shower, about 12:30, when I was hydrated, I find that that's the best time. My weight was 127.8, BF 17.7% = 105.2 LBM. That's exactly where I want to be! It's the most muscle I've had, not the lowest BF, but I don't want my BF lower, it makes my face look gaunt, not pretty! Mark told me that the average woman olympic althete has a BF around 15%, not bad for a 43 year old woman coming off of a weight loss of over 100 lbs.!

My workouts have been more intense lately, I know that because I'm just too tired to repeat it for the purpose of video! So I think on Saturday's when Mark is home to record them for me I'll tape a example of one of my Thursday workout sets as well as a set from that Sat. morning. It's not that I'm slacking, I'm just, as Pavel would say, smoked!

Thursday 11:00 KB presses/squats

Warm up

40 2 hand swings w/12kg, 1 min. on 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min.

Work sets

10 see saw push presses w/two 12kgs (5 L, 5 R) 30 sec. on,
30 sec. rest,
8 double clean, dbl. push press w/two 12kgs, 30 sec. on,
30 sec. rest

I alternated these 2 sets x 10. Both sets w/rest took 2 min to complete x 10 = 20 min.

8 double swing, dbl. clean, dbl. front squat w/two 12kgs, 1 min. on 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min.

bottoms up cleans 10 L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R, 2 min. on 1 min. rest x 3 sets = 8 min.

Total workout 48 min.

This was definitely a RKC inspired workout! I had never done see saw presses, and then doing the double front squat at the end of the workout were really tough! Again, those " 30 sec. on 30 sec. rest" sets go by quick but they're hard.

Wednesday AM weight 128.8
6:30 am Vinyasa yoga (60 min)

Menu

4:00am- 9:00 coffee w/cream,cocoa 100 cal.
10:30 prunes 100 cal.
11:45 lg curry coleslaw salad w/golden raisins and chicken (3oz) 530 cal.
2:30 oats/milk 185 cal.
2:45 double espresso w/cream 35 cal.
5:30 spinach salad w/asparagus, tomatoes and chicken (4oz) w/ anchovy, roasted garlic dressing 500 cal.

Total calories 1450

It seemed as if I ate alot of food, (remember my salads weigh over 1 pound!), but my calories were low. No soup today which reminds me of how I eat in the summer, two salad meals means alot of raw veggies.

Anchovy, Roasted Garlic Dressing, 1 serving 1/4 c.

1 tbl. mayo
2 tbl. plain yogurt (I use 2%)
juice from 1 lemon
4-6 roasted garlic cloves, pushed through garlic press
2-6 anchovy fillets, pushed through garlic press (or 1-2 tsp., anchovy paste)
1 tbl. grated parmesean cheese

Roughly 200 cal.

Taste for seasonings, remember the anchovies are salty. I usually roast a few heads of garlic, cutting off the top of the head, a drizzle of olive oil, a spinkle of S & P in a 375 oven covered with foil for 35-45 min. This also make a great dip for raw broccoli/veggies, just doulble it.

Thursday AM weight 127.4
11:00 KB
7:00pm Bikram yoga

Menu

4-10:00 coffee w/cream 70 cal.
9:00am trail mix of dried fruit/nuts 200 cal.
1:00 chili pepper stew w/squash, black beans and beef (5oz) 500 cal
3:00 chocolate sucker 70 cal.
4:00 spinach salad w/tomato, mushroom, chicken (5oz) and anchovy dressing 550 cal.
5:00 maple yogurt 200 cal.

Total calories 1590

I'm trying and succeeding at not snacking, or "grazing". The reason is that I don't want to constantly be digesting food. I'm going to the restroom way too much!

7pm yoga is not ideal for planning when to eat and/or what to eat. I have to finish eating, ideally by 4:30, but I realized I hadn't eaten enough and ate some yogurt at 5:00. Going into a 104 degree class for 90 min. at 7pm with a bloated intestinal tract doesn't feel good! Raw spinach (salad) is not as "gassy" as cabbage or broccoli, and the yogurt seemed fine.

13 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

brilliant and inspiring. You are truly insightful and living the word and I just want you to know that I speak of you every day to my clients.

leslie said...

Tracy,
Don't know where else to write you, cuz I don't think email is going through. Did you get my message about next weekend? I'm not stalking you -- I promise! -- but I want to learn from you! You can try email, or you can call me -- I'm at 916-632-7717.

fawn said...

Another excellent message Tracy! Little mayo...

1 egg yolk
1/2 lemon
1 clove of Garlic, or to taste
Sea Salt to taste
Wisk or beat in between 1/2 and 1 cup of oil. Eyeball it for thickness. I don't use recipes, so I can't be exact.

I use half Grape seed oil and half XVOO. All olive oil is too "green" tasting to me...

I typically make 3 times this amount, it lasts two weeks in the fridge, if Aaron doesn't finish it before then.

fawn said...

Anchovies....yummy!

Avo-mayo; use an avocado, use less oil

Mustard also tastes great in home made mayo.

Aaron Friday said...

If you want to make awesome mayo, consult with Fawn. Her mayo is out of this world and worth eating in any possible food configuration.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Joe, thanks for the comment. It's really great seeing you in our gym on Mondays!

You are one of the few people that saw my whole transformation in person!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Leslie, I just got home from work, I'll try calling tomorrow afternoon after 2pm. I don't know why the e-mail didn't work???

tracyrif@yahoo.com

Look forward to meeting you!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Fawn, I think this will become part of my "repertoire", how exciting! I'll be making some, I can see it, on a regular basis. Food is always exciting to me, that's what gets me into trouble.

The avo/oil idea is brilliant, especially going into the summer, and I would usually add a little mustard in my mayo anyway.

And what's up with the resistance most people have with anchovies? They've gotten a bad rap, I use them all the time in pasta sauces, they're awesome.

And Aaron, why aren't you fatter? With someone like Fawn, who I find out a little late worked in a professional kitchen, cooking for you!!!

When I became friends with my closest nieghbor, Peter, and found out he has been a proffesional chef for 25+ years I felt as if I lived next door to a rock star! Even better!

Christine said...

Your blog always makes me hungry! :)

ref your comment: Yeah, I've seen the skankarellas he regularly posts pictures of. I try not to go over there too much, but I got bored the other night and ended up pissed off. :)

Royce said...

Happy Mother's day!!

Christine said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Aaron Friday said...

Tracy,

Everything is organic, made from scratch and delicious, so I don't have to chow down to be satisfied. Plus, she uses lots of veggies.

Plus, I'm already short and bald, so I resist being fat because I don't want to become a stereotype.

Happy Mother's Day!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Thanks guys :) I got a chance to catch up on my sleep!