Friday, May 25, 2007

Heavy 2 hand Swing/Squat



This is an old video taken last a few months ago, but it demonstrates the 2 hand swing/squat. The only difference between this demo and my Wed swing/squat is that I "caught" the KB on the bottom of the bell instead of the handle. I'll get new video of the different variation on Sat.



Wednesday 6:15 KB

Warm up

40 2 hand swings w/12kg x 4 sets, 1 min. on, 1 min. rest = 8 min.

Work sets w/16kg & 20 kg

40 2 hand swings w/16kg, 1 min. on
1 min. rest
40 2 hand swings w/20kg, 1 min. on,
1 min. rest
10 2 hand swing, 2 hand swing/squat w/16kg, 1 min. on,
1 min. rest
10 2 hand swing, 2 hand swing/squat w/20kg, 1 min. on
1 min. rest

I alternated thes 4 sets 5 times. All 4 took 8 min. to complete x 5 sets = 40 min.

10 double clean, dbl clean push press, 45 sec. on 45 sec. rest, x 4 sets = 6 min.

Total workout 50 min.

All squats were performed at parralell, it was 6am afterall, I'm not as flexible that early!

I added the double cleans in at the end just because I wanted to get a little shoulder work in, as it usually is a press day. But Sat. I'm planning a light/long snatch, clean press, combo workout.

3 comments:

D Silveri said...

You train a lot in Jeans... I tried that once.... I tore them and threw them away never to be done again.


hahahaha good job! Your rockin it!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Dustin, I wrote a post titled "Me and My Jeans" posted Tues. Feb 6.

It tells the reason why I train in jeans, check it out! Tracy

D Silveri said...

will do