Friday, May 4, 2007

I Worked for It

As I stepped off of the scale this morning, Mark asked me to tell him the result (the scale is next to the closet, near the desk where he is usually on the computer) as he does every morning, and I proudly said, 127.2 lbs.! The first thing he said was, "Congratulations! You must be happy with that." and I said, "Well, I worked for it!"

I realized 3 days into the week that I was going to have to increase my efforts to get what I wanted, what I needed. And that was to get my workouts in order and my weight back to "pre- RKC weekend". And even though things were going along in a trend that was positive I knew I wasn't doing enough to get to where I felt I needed to be.

Mark has always said that one of the things he appreciated about being "in shape" (for lack of a better description, sorry) or in his case in competitive althetic condition was that no one can buy that, you have to earn it! And most people don't want to do what it takes to acheive it, they just want it, they don't want to work for it. And that is the geat equalizer. Not everyone can have it. We can all get it, to whatever degree our genetic limitations will let us, our drive, dedication and hard work will take us as far as it can.

And that seems to apply to other areas in our lives. This is one of my lessons on instant gratification. Whether it's buying something you can't yet afford, eating something you need to "save" calories for, or improving your health and fitness, some things take time. It's up to you how long it will take, but you have to move it in that direction. Work for it!

Thursday AM weight 128.4
6:30am KB cleans, presses
7:00pm Bikram yoga

Menu

5-9:00am coffee w/cream, cocoa 140 cal.
10:00 apple 120 cal.
1:45 dried fgs/prunes 200 cal., PNB 200 cal.
2:45 chili pepper stew w/pasta and italian sausage and cottage cheese 500 cal.
4:30 lg yogurt shake w/blueberries and fiber and decaf coffee 350 cal.
6:30 chocolate sucker 70 cal.

Total calories 1580

I spent most of the late morning in San Francisco with a friend, so I knew to get my workout in I would have to finish training by 8:00am. Also, if I wanted to get yoga into my schedule my only option was the 7pm class (I hate that time) which requires adjusting my food so I don't go to class hungry or bloated. Both perfect examples of the extra work, effort and sacrifice I needed to make to stay on track for my goals this week.

6:30 am KB

Warm up w/12kg

40 2 hand swings , 1 min. on, 1 min. rest x 4 sets = 8 min.
10 L, 10 R, x 3 1 hand swings (30 reps each side), 1.5 min. on 1 min. rest x 4 sets = 10 min.

Work sets w/two 12g's

#1 8 double cleans, push presses, 30 sec. on, 30 sec. rest

#2 12 double cleans, 30 sec. on, 30 sec. rest

I rotated these 2 sets 8 times each. Each set took 1 min. x 16 sets = 16 min.

10 swing, clean, p-press L, repeat on R, w/12kg, 2 min. on 1 min. rest x 4 sets = 12 min.

20 2 hand swings w/16kg, 30 sec. on, 30 sec. rest x 8 sets = 8 min.

Total workout 54 min.

I did all sets praticing better form, especially the last 8 sets of 2 handed swings.

6 comments:

karendenning said...

Good morning, Tracy. Excellent post. There IS no better feeling than seeing the results of something you've worked so hard for. It's amazing, though, how difficult it can be to consistently appreciate one's self for the earned results and not turn the focus on everything yet to be done.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. I've already lost the m&m challenge. The dark chocolate ones are killer. K

Franz Snideman said...

Nice job Tracy!

:) Mission accomplished!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Karen, I finally stopped thinking about M&M's and you had to remind me!

Geoff Neupert said...

Yes you did!

Nice job! What a far cry from where you started. I imagine there's not much left of you anymore--you looked pretty buffed to me at the RKC.

Do you mind if I post your results on my blog in the future?

Thanks. And luck had nothing to do with it.

Christine said...

Good work!

fawn said...

Tracy, you are awesome! I brag you up to all my clients. You are truly inspirational, especially to me. Aloha! ~ff