Friday, June 15, 2007

Graduation Day!


My baby boy! Last night my youngest son, Gabriel, graduated from Westmont High School. He will be attending San Jose State next year. In addition to working for Washington Mutual Bank, as a teller for the last 2 years, he has decided to take a "fun" job this summer at a game store. We are very proud, of course. I can't believe just 1 year ago he wasn't even driving!

The weather was boiling yesterday and it's expected for one more day. My mother ( bottom picture) is visiting from Denver and we are going to Santa Cruz today to spend a couple of hours on the beach. I've already warned her that we'll be taking a walk of the entire length of the beach, first, after all I have to get some exercise in and I'm not on vacation , then we can lay around.

I do have to go to work late in the afternoon so I have to make sure all of my food is ready, for the beach, and work, before I leave this morning.

Thursday AM weight 128.8
1:00 pm weight 127.4 BF 17.8%
9:30 1 hour walk
12:00 demo swings @ Girya

Menu

coffee w/cream 70 cal.
11:30 carrots w/ PNB 200 cal.
2:00 lg cabbage slaw w/curry dressing and raisins, 5 oz. chicken, 300+85+250 cal.
2:30 small piece of yellow cake w/choc frosting 250 cal. (yes, it was small)
5:30 almonds 60 cal.
6:30 broccoli salad w/ green grapes, tuna and mayo 250 +250+180 cal.

Total calories 1855

I'm establishing the habit of not snacking, and I like it. I love looking at my daily menu and the list is short. I haven't been hungry early in the day, so I'm just "going with it". I accept the fact that it could change daily, so I'll eat when I'm hungry, so if it's early one day and late another the key for me is just not waiting until I'm starving.

I finished my book on binge eating, and read some good info that I'll be sharing in the next few weeks. Reading it has made me more aware of how I put myself in dangerous situations and hopefully how to better avoid doing that. The "bake sale" thing is my biggest challenge, for sure. I think because I don't neccessarily want to give it up. More on that another time though.

My weight is exactly where I want it, although it has taken great discipline all week to get it back. Discipline not to starve it down, but to eat it down.

8 comments:

Royce said...

Conratulations. The fact that your son is going to college says a lot about ya'll as parents!

leslie said...

Congratulations to your son on his accomplishment and his plans. Congratulations to you for your continued dedication and focus. Your mom must be so proud of you all!

Enjoy Santa Cruz. I have family there and don't get there nearly as often as I want to!

Christine said...

Congratulations!

A walk on the beach sounds lovely!

Aaron Friday said...

Congrats to Gabriel, and to both of you. That's a great accomplishment.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Thank you to everyone! :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Graduation!! *sniff, sniff* Congratulations, Tracy, you must be so proud! G is beautiful. :) Jen

Franz Snideman said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Christine said...

Aww, congrats, Momma! That's such a huge milestone for him, and for you, too!