Saturday, June 2, 2007

Secret Service Snatch Test; Ten minutes: 295 Reps!



This puts Tracy in third place.Second place is 296 reps tied between Yoana Snideman and Kelly Moore.

This is a link to the leader board and info on the SSST.
http://fitnessyoucanuse.com/SSST.html

The rest of my workout;

After 5 min. warm up of transfers and snatch/transfers, I did the 10 min. challenge, then took about 5 min. rest, and then I alternated the following 3 sets x 5 rotations;

10 snatch L, 10 snatch R, 30 sec. pace, 1 min. on
1 min. rest
50 transfers w/16kg, 1 min. on
1 min. rest
40 3 hand swings w/16kg, 1 min. on
1 min. rest

6 minutes to complete each rotation (6 x 5) = 30 min.

Total workout about 50 min.

I have to admit that it took a few sets for my grip to come back! And now at 6:30pm my inner thighs are sore and I'm wiped out completely!

I did exercise the option of my "hour to devour" this afternoon, it was actually about 20 min. I had an awesome steak afterwards with veggies, and I just had some ice cream.

Today was an incredible day.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Pardon the profanity, but...


HOLY SHIT!

Go girl!

Royce said...

HOLY SHIT TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Certified Grade A Absolute MUTANT staus. You so freakin' ROCK!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Thanks guys!

I know I can do over 300, maybe I shouldn't say that? But my focus was not on the number, but getting through the 10 minutes.

Now that I know I can snatch for 10 min. straight I can focus on the number.

I might actually train for it next time! It felt great!

Aaron Friday said...

So now you have to protect the president? I wish you the best of fortune in your new career. Get yourself a new Sig 220 to go along with your muscles. Trust me, it will look good!

fawn said...

Good job Tracy... the next time you try I'll bet the 300 comes easier than the 295. Very impressive.

Royce said...

Tracy do you mind if I put your vid on my blog??

Tracy Reifkind said...

Aaron, Now that would be "bad ass"!

Fawn, I already have a stragegy to break 300. I don't know when I'll try again, but obviously the training I'm doing right now has served me well, so I'll keep it up.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Royce, Of course you can, and by the way I'm lovin' your new camera. Lovin all the pics and video!

Anonymous said...

Cheap Oakley sunglasses begin with sculptural physics as well as the distinctive three-point match. Expert via Oakley Active, Oakley Flak Jacket and find out the actual huge variety of overall performance remedies as well as zoom lens tints which consider the sun and rain from perform. As well as be assured: industry-best safety in the sunlight or even soaring items. Obtain an obvious look at along with Had Optics? Within men’s Oakley sunglasses sale -- where ever the planet goes. http://www.oakleye.org/