Friday, October 12, 2007

1080 swings / 35 minutes, extraodinary, or not?


8:00am KB swings

set #1
40 2 hand swings, 40 transfers, 40 2 hd sw, (120 reps), 3 min on, 1 min rest

set #2
40 transfers, 40 2 hand swings, 40 tr, (120 reps), 3 min on, 1 min. rest

Rotated for a total of 9 sets (starting and ending w/set #1)

1080 reps, 35 min. (not including the last min. rest period)

It's a rainy day...no Santa Cruz :(.....I decided to swing the 12kg for long sets, instead of going for a walk this morning. I'm not allowed to swing anything heavier until after my SSST w/16kg on Mon., so tomorrow I'm skipping my regular workout, but I'll swing the 8kg & 6kg at Girya with clients.

So, I was able to bang out over 1000 swings in a little over a half hour....is this so extraordinary? This subject came up the other day in a converstion with Mark, in which he was complimenting my work loads and conditioning.

I, personally, don't think it's anything special, it's been a progressive increase, combined with consistent training, over the last 2 1/2 years. Consistent training for 2 1/2 years! I haven't missed one workout in 2 1/2 years, that's what I find extraordinary!

In fact, I have a new group of three women swinging consistently, twice a week, for just about 4 weeks now, and the workout they did yesterday consisted of a 15 minute warm up of practice combination sets...30 sec-1 min long....and ending with at least 12-14, one min on/one min. rest, sets (40 rep sets)! That totals over 40 minutes of swinging and at least 500-600 swings! In about one months time! (I didn't keep count, sorry) Isn't this amazing? The key will be, how long can they keep up with consistent training?

I told them the other day, "You guys are so lucky to have me as a teacher!". I can already see more muscular tone in their shoulders and arms, and in about a months time already swinging for over 40 minutes? Wow!

Progressive, consistent workouts. The payoff, incredible conditioning, incredible muscle tone, and a "bad ass" attitude! (whoops, maybe that's just me!)

6 comments:

Bill Fox said...

It's the 2 1/2 years that is without question very, very cool. When people start asking me about how I look, I tell them I've probably missed a dozen planned workouts in the last 20 years.

You've learned, and are living, the "secret": Shut your pie hole and workout hard.

Great work.

Tracy Reifkind said...

William,

You can lead a horse to water! Secret or no secret...you still have to do it!

Thanks

Mark Reifkind said...

agreed. it's the consistently progressive workload WITH NO MISSES that is the 'secret'. As I love to say- it's simple but it aint easy.
Course she is machine and that helps too:)
I havent missed any workouts in I can't remember how long and I that workout would kill me.

leslie said...

I think your efforts and your accomplishments are nothing short of remarkable.

And you forgot one of the payoffs of kb swinging -- a bad ass ass! :) (The other stuff is good too!)

Kettlebell Lady said...

Everyone could use a little bad ass now and then!

fawn said...

Tracy,

I am going to have to say Extraordinary... not just the number of swings you do in such a short amount of time... but also your creative combinations, persistence, strength and attitude!