Monday, October 8, 2007

Max Vo2, 50 sets, 7.5 min continuous snatch, and....16kg...looming!


1:15 Monday Max Vo2 x 50

Misc. warm up 4 min.

15 sec on, 15 sec. rest 8 reps per x 50 = 25 min, 400 snatches

I took about 1 min. rest, and then snatched for 7.5 min continuous staying with an 8/8 every 30 sec. pace. I could've snatched for 10 min. (physically), but I wanted to see how long I could keep this particular pace (320 reps/10 min.). I was successful up until 7 min., at 7.5 min I had only snatched 6 of the last 8 reps, at that point I stopped.

If I were to do the SSST w/12kg again, (and I will at some point), I would probably get 10-12 snatches before a transfer. In the example today I switched every 8 reps, and therefore increasing the transfer reps. So, every minute I snatched 16 L, 16 R and 4 transfers, making that 36 reps per minute.

8/8/8/8 x 7.5 min = 240 snatches (add in the extra 5 sec for the last 2 reps)

32.5 min, 640 snatches

Swing sets / 1 hand swings

20/20/20/20 w/14kg, 2 min. on,
1 min rest
20/20/20/20 w/16kg, 2 min on,
1 min rest

I rotated both of these sets 2 x (= 12 min.), before shortening the 2nd set to 20/20, for only 1 min on., and then rotating another 2 x each, (10 min.), for a total swing time of 22 min., 520 swings......DONE!

Total workout 58.5 min.

Testing my 10 minute snatch with the 16kg is looming.....1 stinkin' week away!

What I do know is, for me, trying to find a continuous pace without putting the weight down will be a goal. In past training of long swing sets I always found it easier to keep going, because when I put the weight down, I didn't want to pick it back up! This goal is more important to me than the number of reps.

And speaking of the number of reps....My goal number is low, I'm not trying to "kill it".

I'm switching my Thursday workout to Wed. and my Sat. workout to Fri. taking 2 full days off before the test. Good healthy food all week, maintaining a weight of 128-129.

11 comments:

fawn said...

Nice work Tracy... I could use some of your coaching for the TSC in April.

Aaron Friday said...

Good God Almighty. I hope you're ready for some R&R when you get here, 'cause I'll do like 2 minutes of that before hitting the Z.

Lauren Brooks said...

NIce Tracy. You are on fire! You are a very strong woman. But I think the strongest part about you now is your MIND. That is what will get you through that 10 minute SSST. I guess it's true that a mind is an extrememly powerful thing.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Aaron,

I'll get some R&R on my 5 hour plane ride! Are you kidding, when I get there, I'm hitting the ground running...as always.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Lauren,

I'm trying not to overthink this thing.

But sometimes the pressure of posting workouts publicly can work against you.

Yes, I work my ass off, yes I know I'm strong and I've accomplished a great deal....but there are always those that are waiting for failure...but...whatever!

jen-shaktifit said...

Tracy,
There is NEVER failure when you give it your all, the only failure is not trying. Your gonna be AWSOME! It's true Your MIND and your SPIRIT will take you to victory! From what I have read of you so far, I believe you will be AWSOME!
Enjoy the process...
:)

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

Tracy you are going to do great! The fact that you are getting "anxious" just means you are going to put your all and more into it! Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Hey that is a lot of work. Is there a way to figure out how many calories you burn using kettlebells

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jen, I can't wait to meet you! Thanks for the encouragement...and for setting the bar higher with the 12kg.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Kori, Anxious....yeah, that's the right word!

Tracy Reifkind said...

louburr,

I'm sure there is, but I've become very efficient in my style of training. So because of my conditioning I have to work harder.

I have to say though, that I'm able to eat alot more food these days.