Friday, October 19, 2007

My Best Bud....Fawn Friday

Fawn and I pose for the camera after a killer swing class at The Press Gym Friday morning.

How stinkin' lucky am I? Fawn is a former professional chef! Did I die and go to heaven? Heaven on stinkin earth is Fawn's kitchen! She just "causually" whipped up Salmon cakes with homemade aoili....don't worry, I am taking notes and I can tell already my cooking will change, for the better, spending only one day watching Fawn.

We had the most perfect day! It started out at The Press Gym co-teaching a kettlebell class at 9:00am, then a strong cup of coffee and then a fast, walk around a beautiful lake in Fawn's neighborhood for about 45 min with her sweet dog Elsa. Fawn started lunch, roasting some squashes I had never cooked before ( I will post more pictures when I get home), and she showed me step by step her style of cooking as well as sharing food philosophies. What fun!

Then mid afternoon we went Thrift Store and Vintage Shop shopping, made a couple of purcahses, talked about dinner, stopped at this great specialty grocery for dinner supplies, bought our lottery tickets before heading home to nibble on gourmet cheeses and sip hot rum cider while I got, yet another, cooking lesson and crazy incredible dinner of squash stuffed with salmon, prawns, and chorizo....out comes the homemade aoli....AND....pork roast with red beans, beets, onions, and apple.

Two kettlebell classes tomorrow morning as well as our own Max Vo2 workout...crashing the RKC Sat. night dinner, and then shooting Sunday morning. The fun never stops around here!

Life is so great.

7 comments:

carriebk said...

Tracy, your trip sounds amazing! I am looking forward to hearing about these cooking lessons...

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you guys surely are having fun. I'm totally jealous! I thought I was the only female in the world who loved to shoot! Can't wait to hear about your marksmanship, cooking and swinging!
Jen

Aaron Friday said...

Damn. Sexay!

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron, no kidding!great pics.next time Fawn comes out and stays with us,lol.

Aaron Friday said...

Jen, Tracy is a disciplined student. She learned the procedure, memorized it, and practiced it. Excellent job for the first time, and it will only get better.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Carrie,

It was an amazing trip! And the cooking....!!!!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jen,

I can't exactly say that I love to shoot...yet! Although I think I was pretty good for my first time, I actually got one shot exactly in the middle "x".