Sunday, October 28, 2007

Intro to Clubbells

I collect vintage (sometimes antique) weight training and exercise stuff, like old dumbells, leather medicine balls, training manuals/magazines/posters, etc.. And one of the things I used to collect were "indian clubs", so when I saw these modern versions of indian clubs, I knew what they were, and basically how they were to be used. This training method has always interested me. So, I was excited and supportive when Mark mentioned his interest also.
I got up early this morning and started to watch the intructional DVD and Mark coached me on some of the basic moves this afternoon. I only practiced "back and forth" movements, saving the "side to side" stuff for another time, (I had to get to my yoga class!)

I'm not sure how this is going to fit into my training, but I can say that I really worked my glutes...maybe I will get that butt I've always wanted, lol.

I'll play around with it this week.....

8 comments:

fawn said...

Clubbells look like so much fun! I can't wait to try them out!

Howie B said...

Awesome! I just have to keep reminding myself... focus for now on the kettlebells, focus for now on the kettlebells...

Tracy Reifkind said...

Fawn, I'll keep you posted!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Howie.

Focus on KB's, when you're ready to add onto your training your KB experience will help you greatly with this type of training!

Nothing will take the place of KB's in my life.

Happiness Within said...

Tracy,

The clubbells look fun. I've seen them a few times on other sites. I am excited to see what it does for your training and your body. (That sounded kind of strange. LOL)

I am so glad that you mentioned that your training style is much different than Goddess. I am eager to get in to work with you. Yippee!!

Tamikka

Franz Snideman said...

uh oh! Mark has got you into clubbells now.....I can't wait to see what type of workouts you develop with those babies...

:)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Tamikka,

You know where to find me!

As far as the clubbells, I knew what you meant about changing my body...that's the reason why I'm experimenting with them..to see if there's a benefit (bodywise!)

I'm already strong, "toned" and fit, what can it add?...we'll see!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Franz,

I included them in my workout today..I can already see the potential!

But so far, until I get to the more complicated movements the CB basic swings are much easier, but different