Friday, October 5, 2007

Oops! I closed my eye

Well my weekend plans changed and I could come up with tons of excuses.....but the bottom line is that I tried to cut my calories too low....my stinkin' "all or nothing" , "feast ot famine" personality....and gave into the "all/feast" part. My weight was too low Thurs. (126.4), it caught up to me, (besides I looked horrid!), so I used that to give myself permission to pig out.

Thursday AM weight 126.4
12:30 demo swings
1:30 dbl clean/press/squat

Menu

coffee/cream
prunes (5)/PNB 180 cal.
grapes 240 cal
peanuts 200 cal.
risotto soup w/chicken 500 cal.
steel cut oats w/yogurt 225 + 200 cal.
more yogurt 200 cal.

(calories around 1800-2000, which was fine)

Here starts the bad part, I finished eating at 4:15 and the plan was to go to 7:00 yoga.....@ around 5:50 (notice that this time is before my 6pm cut off!) the ice cream (that I just bought for "Mark") was too much to resist,

1/2 pint Hagen Daz Strawberry ice cream mixed with
1 c. banana yogurt

Oh, it gets better!

2 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (this killed it!)
dark chocolate, 2 squares...why not, right?

Total calories, who cares!

Needless to say I didn't go to yoga, I didn't even go for a long walk...you know what I did???? I went to bed! Getting up between 3:30 - 4:00am catches up with you...late night yoga just isn't working out for me, (excuses?).

On the other hand, I have been really good about not buying things I know I'll end up eating (the ice cream technically was for Mark!). I actually made it out of Trader Joes with no junk food at about 5:30, and I'm going to the Flea this morning...we'll see if I can resist the Mexican Candy....of course I can!

I'll post my dbl cl/pr/sq workout later, if anyone is interested, but for now I'm going to go on a quick 20-30 min walk, 20-30 min., 16kg, 1 hand swing combo workout, and head to Santa Cruz.

Life is great.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I can relate. When I inadvertently eat less calories than I should, inevitably the hunger kicks in eventually. It also doesn't help that my weight's dropped to an unsustainably low level, giving me license to EAT! Takes some time & discipline to get back to eating/weight equilibrium. I appreciate your honesty.

leslie said...

That "all or nothing" thinking I can SO relate to. What's hard for me is that I like the intensity that comes along with it, so there's push/pull feeling I have about finding balance -- I know I should want it, but I don't know if I like "middles"!

One time a counselor asked me why I was so drawn to all or nothing options, and I told her, "because I don't like the stuff in between." She asked me what's in between black and white, and I replied, "pukey grey." She gently corrected me and said, "in between black and white is where all the other colors in the rainbow live." That works for me somehow.

Sorry to be a blog hog. I so appreciate what you write!

Kettlebell Lady said...

"horrid"? You're kidding right? Tracy, your dedication to a healthy lifestyle is ispiring to many, so it's OK to be human!
Life is good, right?

ColeC said...

That's Mother Natures way of protecting our bodies ;)

Tracy Reifkind said...

teresa,

I love the use of the description, equilibrium....I'll have to steal that one from you!

I never "inadvertently" lower my calories, it's very deliberate. It's a choice I know I'm making.

Tracy Reifkind said...

leslie,

Rainbow, smainbow! All the colors in the rainbow are in the color white! at least that's how I see it!

I don't see anything as "pukey", and I chose white...the most positive, most life giving, life accepting, joyful, brightest white!

Feel free to blog hog anytime! I respect your comments.

Tracy Reifkind said...

KB lady,

I wish I could chose where the fat comes off of me, but I can't...at least not yet!

Yes, I eat well and I exercise, but when my weight gets too low, my face gets gaunt and I think I cross a fine line of health/too skinny. At least for me!

And life is always good!

Tracy Reifkind said...

colette,

Got it!