Thursday, December 14, 2006

Holiday Goodies

Last year I started going to yoga classes right after Thanksgiving. I had just passed my 100 lb. weight loss goal and I wanted to step it up. Even though I was already motivated to keep going this new challenge gave me another focus. I continued to lose weight through the holidays with new motivation.

When I do something I want to be the best. So I wanted to be the best I could be at the yoga poses I was practicing. I knew if I lost more weight it would be easier to increase my flexibility that much more. I knew if I lost more weight it would be easier to hold up my body in the strength poses. At the time I weighed around 142 lb. and I managed to reach 136 lb. by the new year. I actually lost weight through the holidays!

With all the home baked goodies, hand made candy, holiday pot lucks it never created a problem, I had a new mission. I do remember eating a whole pound of See's candy throughout Christmas day ( I didn't eat anything else that day ). So anyone thinking about starting after the holidays, don't wait! Start now.

The goodies started appearing for me yesterday at work. But this year my new motivation has been starting my blog. Knowing that I want to be honest about my food has made me that much more aware. And even thought I enjoyed a couple of chocolate dipped preztels (thanks Brenda), I didn't feel out of control. Besides I'm already thinking about pancakes for my cheat day!

5:30 Bikram yoga
AM weight 128.8

Wednesday menu

4:30-9:00am coffee w/cream 65 cal.
9:30 oatmeal cooked w/ 1/2 diced apple and 2tsp. brown sugar 300 cal.
10:30-12:30 coffee w/ cocoa 140 cal.
2:30 cabbage salad w/ pineapple, shrimp and curry dressing 360 cal.
3:00 holiday goodies 210 cal.
6:30 butternut squash soup w/kale and chicken (50z) 420 cal.

Total calories 1495

No comments: