Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Always Grill Extra

Here is the squash I bought yesterday, if I would of had more, I would of grilled more! Leftover grilled veggies can always be used to make a salad or to add to a salad..in fact, some of these will go into my All DAy Lunch salad w/tomaotes (big surprise, lol!), spinach, and chicken.

Always grill or cook extra! All kinds of veggies can be grilled, asparagus (in season, of coures) is outrageous! Leftover grilled veggies make the quickest pasta sauce, just slice/dice and toss with hot pasta, olive oil and parmesean...done! Add a big slice of squash in a sandwich, or just eat them out of hand. And guess what? You can eat a ton, if you want to!

3 comments:

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

Looks really good. I love any kind of squash. Do you ever cook with brussel sprouts? I want to make them but instead of just steaming I was wondering if you have any other ideas or recipes.

Thanx in advance!

fawn said...

Yummy Tracy!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Koru,

OMG!! Roasted brussel sprouts are "off the hook"! I thought i did a post about roasted veggies, but no pics back then.

Anyway, I used to almost always include them in my "base veg soup", ( slicing them in 3eds and adding them in with the stock) but I like to cook "seasonally" so late fall and winter is when I use them regulary...there's just too many other fresher "in season" veggies to enjoy while in the spring/summer.

Brussel sprouts as a main ingredient in salad was a "big" thing last year.

But, bottom line, with all the tons of veggies that I eat, brussel sprouts are the ones that give me some serious gas!