Monday, September 3, 2007

Max Vo2 50 sets

My snatch form for this workout was completely different than ever before because my hands were so torn up form my last snatch workout w/16kg, I've been in pain for 3 days now, and you can see in the first video how much I'm trying to find some comfort by continually repositioning my hand bands (being away from home, and without athletic tape to cover the blisters....I had no idea it would take so long to start healing).

I had to use my feet/legs/hips to really drive the weight up, and float it to the top of the movement, slight punch out, and then catch the weight with open hand. Because of the increased involvemnt of my legs I took a really wide stance, and reached far back with my hand, on the downstroke, to get the most momentum possible.

The top of the wave, set 20-23 of 50 sets. I need to up my reps or find a 31 lb kb. My HR was barely in the 150's.


The last five sets


The rest of the workout w/16kg;

#1
40 2 hand swings, 40 transfers, 2 min. on 1 min rest

#2
40 transfers, 40 2 hand swings, 2 min on, 1 min. rest

#3 (combination from last workout)
1 swing L, trns, 2 hand swing, trans, 1 hand swing R, trans, 2 hand swing, trans., repeat 10 x (8 reps per 1 combination, x 10 = 80 reps)
2 min. on 1 min. rest

Alternating these 3 combinations in this order 3 x each = 9 sets. All three sets took 9 min. to complete = 36 min.

Total workout 61 min.

My heartrate after each 2 min. set of swings w/16kg was 162-168 consistently.

Even using my "Tracy socks" the handle of the 16kg is large compared to the size of my hand, and it always tears my palms when I do fast snatch reps (w/16 kg, Friday's workout).

3 comments:

fawn said...

I have noticed the same thing with the Tracy Socks... my palms are getting blistered with all these high rep (for me) workouts with the 16kg.

I can't wait to get the Vo2 max treatment from you next month!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Yea, 400 - 500 snatches will do that to ya!!!!!

We are going to train our asses off!!!

fawn said...

Aaahhh, yah Tracy.... high rep for me is like 150 snatches, lol! I guess I have a month to get my endurance up!