Monday, September 10, 2007

Two min swing snatch combos

After 400 snatches in the Max Vo2 workout.Tracy did 9 reps per cycle for 35 sets before this 30 min swing snatch workout.The video of the max vo2 workouts got derailed.


Am weight 128.8
5:15 Bikram yoga
Monday KB Max Vo2 w/12kg

Misc 3 min. warm up

15 sec, 9 reps
15 sec rest
x 35 sets = 17.5 min

Work sets

16/16 swing snatch, 2 min. on
(1 min each side, video showa 4 of 5 sets)
1 min rest
x 5 sets = 15 min

20/20, 20/20, 1 hand swings w/12kg, 2 min. on
1 min rest
x 3 sets = 9 min.

20/20, 1 min. on, 30 sec rest, 20/20 1 min. on 30 sec. rest, 1 hand swings
x 3 sets = 9 min.

Total workout 53 min.

I'm totally jazzed that I chose to do 9 reps per 15 sec and wasn't winded at all! Last time I did that,(video a few weeks ago), I couldn't even talk between sets, so my conditioning has gotten that much better...cool.

Since we only did 35 sets Max Vo2, (we did 50 last week), I decided to stay with the 12kg and do swing/snatch combo, and then down to just swings, but keeping the sets @ 2 min. After 5 sets of swing/snatches I had enough snatches! (additional 160 snatches, after previous 405)

So, I did 1 hand swings, 20 L, 20 R, repeat, for 2 min. total, and when that was too hard on my grip, I stayed with the 20 reps on each side (without switching), but traded in the 2 min. work, 1 min. rest for 1 min work, 30 sec rest, twice. It was the same amount of time and the same # of swings, but broken up. (total swings w/12kg, 940)

I suspected for the first time last week that my left arm may now stronger than my right! Over 2 years of always starting with my "weak" side, has made it my "strong" side!

************************************************************************************

My weight is averaging 128.8, and my bodyfat stays steady 18-19%. The scale goes from 126.4 to 130.0, so far nothing over 130!

I do eat alot more fat than ever in the form of nuts, yogurt and lots of olive oil (tons of grilled veggies w/ olive oil)....oh yeah, and ice cream....lots of ice cream (drats!).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa. I had no idea that starting with your weaker arm actually made it stronger. I thought it was to make sure you didn't do more with your stronger arm.

Btw, I love your butterfly tattoo!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm, fats :)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Lisa,

I hear ya, it was a surprise to me too! Even today my right side was a little sore from the workout, but not my left!

Thanks for the compliment on my tattoo.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Sara,

I forgot to mention the heavy cream in my coffee every morning!

Fats = good!

Potato = bad! (unfortunately for me, yams too)