Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tracy's All Day Lunch 9/26

Another day away from home. Menu, (from top L)

celery/carrot (2 ea), 1.5 oz nuts, 1/4 c. raisins 400 cal.
lemon pasta w/feta, tomato, bell pepper (purple), spinach (in baggy) and shrimp 600 cal.
Peet's coffee w/cream 45 cal.
broccoli salad w/ spicy peanut dressing (5tbl.), and tuna w/1tbl. mayo, 275 + 250 cal.
grapes 100 cal.
oats w/2tsp. sugar and 1/2 c. 2% milk 260 cal.

Total calories 1930

I ended up having a break in my day and went home in the afternoon, so my day's food changed slightly. I only ate 1/2 of the nuts and raisins, (subtract 200 cal.), and I didn't eat the grapes, (subtract 100 cal.), I did eat 2 small plums, 100 cal. and about 10 jujubes, 100 cal., add in my morning coffee and it all evens out just under 2000 cal.

I purchased the jujube fruit from Wayne's garden and after looking up the info on it and the calories, I think I might go back and get more, in fact, I'll buy it regulary until it runs out and possibly dry some. Jujube fruit looks like an lg olive, tastes like an apple, but resembles a date when dried.

Monday AM weight 130.0
10:30 KB
7:00pm 1 hour walk
Total calories 2800 (ice cream/yogurt/triscut 1000 cal., 3:30pm)

Tuesday AM weight 130.2
12:30-4:30 KB demo swings @Girya
7:00pm Bikram yoga
Total calories 1345

Wednesday AM weight 129.8
6:30pm 1 hour walk
Total calories 2000

Thursday AM weight 129.4


Dressing for Lemon Pasta Salad

Olive oil, 4-6 tbl.

lemon juice, 2-4 tbl.

lemon peel, 1-2 tsp.

mustard, 1-2 tbl.

garlic clove, 1-2 crushed/minced

S&P

Of course measurements are approx., depending on amount needed for salad, (I use less dressing and only 8oz dry pasta for 4 servings), just taste to adjust.


12 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

You are so structured and motivated!

Inspirational!

Christine said...

Mmmm... feta. The shrimp looks good. :)

Kori Bliffert, NASM-CPT said...

I thought you ment the JuJubee candy...ha. You can tell I am not up on my fruit!

ColeC said...

Looks great...as always.

One question...why do you call it your "all day" lunch? Just wondering ;)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Franz,

Structured by habit! This is what I do everyday, I just have to pack it "for the road" on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Christine,

You must like shrimp! I usually ONLY but wild prawns (something like $ 11.99-17.99 per lb., thank God I only need 4, I slice them in half lengthwise), but the only protein I had in the house was this bag of shrimp in the freezer from the Vietnamese market. Rinse in cold water, dry, and cook...5 min.!

The salad was good, but did you notice the calorie count? Pasta, shrimp, oil based dressing AND feta cheese add up quick!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Kori,

Hardly any one knows what jujube fruit is, and that included me! That's why I mentioned it...to get people to open up, and expand their food experience....especially seasonally.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Collette,

I started calling it my all day lunch because my intention is to get people to make and take their lunch to work...and traditionally that means only one meal.

So since I'm away from home at least 12 hours I have to make and take 3 meals...3 lunches...food for "all day", lol! And If I can make 3 lunches, certainly making only one is "do-able"

mike said...

Yum-o. I can't imagine what your daily fiber intake must look like. You could start one of those fancy catering businesses for stars and starlets who want to lose weight and, rather than learn to cook properly, pay someone to do all their meals.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Mike,

My fiber intake is , I'm sure, off the charts!

And as far as cooking for others...I've thought about it alot! But it's just not cost effective. And I'm interested in helping and educating everyone of all income levels, not just people that can "afford it".

I'm not an expert cook, I've just devolped healthy habits, that's the point.

megan said...

Tracy - It's so great for your readers who are striving to eat healthy to see the colorful pictures of your all day meals. The volume of healthy fruit and veg has prompted me to reduce the refined carbs in my meals (sandwiches anyone?) and up the veggies to feel fuller longer. Thanks so much for the very helpful post.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Megan,

Coming soon....I swear I'm going to find a way to add veggies into desserts!