Thursday, April 19, 2007

500 Swings

7:30am KB

Warm up

1 set 40 2 hand swings w/26, 1 min. on, 1 min rest

Work sets

50 2 hand swings w /36., 1.25 min. on 45 sec. rest

Total of 2 min. each set x 10 = 500 2 hand swings in 20 min.

Only 45 sec. rest was a great challenge. My grip got tired the last 10 (out of 50) reps of each set. I can't believe I did 100 rep sets of this same exercise a few weeks ago! I love KB's

Wednesday AM weight 128.0

4:30-6:30 coffee w/cream 70 cal.
8:45 coffee w/cocoa 70 cal.
11:00 steel cut oats/milk 185 cal.
1:20 cabbage salad w/ curry dressing, pineapple and pork 560 cal.
3:30 yogurt/sliced raw almond (2tbl.) 250 cal.
7:30 chili pepper soup w/spaghetti squash/black beans/wild prawns (4 lg) 510 cal.
Misc. 5 prunes throughout the day 100 cal.

Total cal. 1745

I don't like eating after 6:00pm, but I was running behind with appts. at work most of the day and couldn't eat dinner until after my last client. Also, I don't like stretching all of my meals quite so far apart. I prefer to eat all of my food within the same 5-7 hours Wenesday I started a 11 and finished after 7:30, that's 8.5 hours.

3 comments:

LK said...

Tracy, interesting comment about eating all your food in 5-7 hours, I actually noticed that.
I mostly hear recommendations to eat every 3 hours, so 6 times a day.
I am doing this and it works OK for me, on one hand they say it makes hormones level, on the other hand I wonder if it overloads the digestive system.

Tracy Reifkind said...

I go by the way I "feel". I don't usually get hungry early, and I'm rarely, if ever, hungry after 6pm. I don't like to eat, just to eat, because "it's time".

When I feel "starving" it's one of two things;

I really am hungry because it's been a while since I nourished myself, or

I'm made myself too anxious thinking about food.

Usually, it's the latter. So the more I practice calm, the less I have anxious feelings. I'll have to write a post about that!

Mark Reifkind said...

I really beleive eating all your food in that 5-7 hour window is the key that makes the warrior diet or other forms of intermittent fasting, work. alternating periods of very little food with a lot of food is actually a good way to balance intake ,imo.

constantly pinging your blood sugar eating every 2-3 hours(which I did for YEARS as a bodybuilder keeps one constantly digesting something and your blood sugar levels too elevated for optimal fat burning.