Saturday, April 7, 2007

Yoga is not an Option.

I've been having a hard time getting to yoga class lately. And my excuse is that it's hard to schedule in the class times at the new studio with my current life's schedule. And I realize that I "can do what I want to" so I have to look at it the way it has to be, which is, that it's not an option not to go.

Yoga plays an important part in helping me to take the time and stretch. But like a lot of women, I'm a multi-tasker and it's hard to calm down and spend 90 min. just doing one thing (not including 30 min. drive time!).

My preference would be to go first thing in the morning, but first thing in the morning is also when I like to KB and that always takes priority. So I have to literally force myself to try evening classes. It's most difficult arranging meals around evening classes, but sometimes things are difficult, it doesn't make them impossible! If it was all easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.

Today will be my last Sat. morning class until Nov., I have a hobby that keeps me busy all spring/summer/fall, so I have to recommit to making my practice regular and consistent.

I can do it and I will do it. It's not an option.

Friday AM weight 127.2 (going up slowly and perfectly!)
9:00am 1 mile walk and 20 min swing with cleint

Menu

5-7am coffee w/cream 40 cal.
10:30 espresso w/ cream 50 cal.
1:00 3 dried figs/1 prune/10 almonds 150 cal.
2:15 oats/milk/sliced almonds 285 cal.
3:30 large broccoli salad w/grapes and low cal dressing 350
3:30 1 can tuna/ 1 tbl. mayo 250 cal.
5:30 large veggie soup (brussel sprouts, celery root, kale, etc.) / pasta and chicken 550 cal.
8:45 chocolate sucker 70 cal.

Total calories 1745

I'm going into my "cheat day" today so I took my calories down yesterday. I was commenting to a co-worker that I still can't believe sometimes the amount of food I get to eat and still lose weight! My salad was huge, but the calories are low, it doesn't get much better than that (for me)!

The weekend is going to be great!

3 comments:

Royce said...

Like you said it's the veggies.
If I munch on a bunch of fiberous veggies I don't get that uncontrollable hunger. Dat's a beautiful thing.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Woo Hoo!

Mark Reifkind said...

exactly royce, thats the beauty of fiberous veggies, you can eat to your hearts content and still lose fat.