Friday, April 13, 2007

It's All Easy, til It's Heavy (clean, press workout)

This is one of Mark's infamous tag lines! It's all easy, til it's heavy! Man, did I learn this the hard way! I have been so wiped out from my triple workout last weekend that I haven't even had the energy to blog, much less tape video for my blog.

I went into my press workout yesterday with the intention of doing double presses as part of it, yeah right! Not going to happen. I explained to Mark that I wasn't feeling weak, I just didn't have any gas. I managed to have a decent workout, but I definitely felt the effects of training with heavier weights.

Since I wasn't feeling the double presses, I chose to work on my military presses w/26. These went well, but because its a slower movement, I didn't feel the "cardio" effect my training usually has.

I'll throw some double presses into my Sat. workout along with some double swings. I think I'll be recovered by then!!

9:30am KB clean, press

Warm up w/12kg

40 2 hand swings, 1 min. on, 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min.

Work sets

20 swing, transfers (40 reps) 1 min. on, 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min.

16 swing, clean, press, transfer (8 each side), 2 min. on, 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 15 min.

I started the first 3 sets with push presses and then switched to a strict military press for the last 2 sets. Because the pace od clean, presses are slower I kept these sets at 2 minutes.

6 clean, military press L, trans., 6 clean, mil. press R, 1 min. on, 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min.

15/15 bottoms up cleans, 1.5 min. on 1 min. rest x 3 sets = 7.5 min.

Total workout 52.5 min.

Thursday Am weight 126.4
6:30am Bikram yoga
9:30 KB
2:00 2.5 mile walk

Menu

coffee w/cream 70 cal.
dried prunes and figs 150 cal.
chili pepper soup w/butternut squash and chicken 450 cal.
whole wheat pasta w/braised fennel,onion, olives and italian suasage 400 cal.
prunes w/PNB 150 cal.
apple 100 cal.
lg broccoli salad w/grapes and tuna 425 cal.

Total calories 1745

The last 2 days I've eaten my first food before 9:00am. I just been hungry. Even though my calories were within my range and I did alot of exercise yesterday, my weight was up this morning. I know that damn whole wheat pasta was going to bite me in the ass! Oh well, today is a new day.

I ordered Gabe's B-day cake yesterday (see, I'm still thinking of it). My plan is to give some of it to the neighbors, just to get it out of the house. Mentally I'm thinking of having a mild cheat day. We'll see.

No comments: