Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Baby Steps

Well, my weight has consistently been 128.0 for the past 2 weeks (average). What happened to the 127's? I seemed to have skipped them. The weeks before it was in the 125-126 range. I do have to admit that I look better at this weight but mentally I need the 127's.

I have increased my calories but, excluding my Sat. cheat day, my food has been, in my opnion, very nutritious and clean. I feel like I'm still paying for those 2 quarts of ice cream. Man, I hope I learned my lesson with that one.

To be honest, I'm fighting the feeling of starving myself back down. I know I can do that. I know I can drop 1.5-2.0 lbs (scale weight) in a day, but that's not physically smart. And it doesn't reflect a healthy, permanent change. I know that.

Well, I'll shoot for 127.8 tomorrow! Not 126.0! I'm fine, the weight has been on the down trend since Sunday, it's fine. I'll go out (to the garage gym) and do 500 two hand swings w/36 before work this morning, that'll make me feel strong. Strong. 128.0 is fine. (baby steps!)

Tuesday AM weight 128.0
11:30 KB swings w/Gayle (fun!)
7:00pm 45 min. walk

Menu

4:30-9:30am coffee w/cream 70 cal.
8:30am I snacked on roasted fingerling potatoes/shallots/garlic 80 cal.
1:30 lowfat yogurt w/granola and maple syrup 230 cal.
2:30 veg soup w/butternut squash and chicken (4oz) 400 cal.
2:45 more roasted potatoes 170 cal.
4:00 dried figs/prunes/almonds 200 cal.
6:00 broccoli salad w/grapes and tuna 450 cal.
8:30 chocolate sucker 70 cal.

Total calories 1670

O.K. now I see it! When I roast veggies, as soon as they come out of the oven, they're irresistible! I rarely cook potatoes much less eat them. Why? Because they make me hold water, feel and weigh heavy and make me feel like crap. Bingo, that's where I went wrong yesterday. I didn't see it, and actually forgot about it, until I did my journal this morning. I feel better now. Mystery solved!

I'm planning on swinging 10 sets of 50 reps this morning after a quick warm up. It should take me less than 25 min. (2 hand swings w/ 36)

5 comments:

leslie said...

I continue to love watching your journey.

Hey, can you email me? I want to plan a field trip to come see you and have you teach me more about kb's! I'm at lgandy "at" starstream "dot" net.

Fallen Angel said...

I've been eating basically clean, and moving alot more, and I'm getting discouraged with the speed of my weight loss. I know I have to be patient. But it is hard. I wish I was 128.

I'm guilty of using the word "disgusting." I'm usually referring to myself. I notice when I am critical of myself I am more critical of everyone else too. I do feel disgusting though. Maybe I need to rethink what that means.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Leslie, I'll e-mail you this morning, but my address is tracyrif@yahoo.com

Get ready to get your butt kicked!!!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Barb, You are in control, to a certain extent, of how quick your weight loss is. Technically you can't lose more than 2 pounds of fat a week. I think that's right. So any more, you are losing water and muscle.

When I had 100lbs. to lose, I was OK with losing all three! (fat, water, muscle) But now my weight loss is far more scientific.

Remember, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, will still go by whether or not you lose weight, just keep it up and you'll be lighter (and more fit) in 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or you won't. You chose!

As far as feeling "disgusting". What is the advice you would give your daughter if she came to you complaining about feeling "disgusting"? Take your own advice.

Christine said...

I admire your control sister :)