Saturday, April 21, 2007

Two handed lateral swings with 16 kg.



This workout was powered by an apple fritter!

Saturday

7:00 2.5 mile walk
8:00 Bikram yoga
1:00 KB 60 min. 1200 reps

Warm up

40 2 hand swings w/26 1 min. on, 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min. 200 swings

Work sets w/36

#1
10 2 hand swings, 20 lateral 2 hand swings, 10 2 hand swings, 1 min. on, 1 min. rest (video shows this set @5th rotation) 40 reps per set

#2
10 2 hand swings, 20 lateral transfers, 10 2 hand swings, 1 min. on, 1 min. rest 40 reps per set


I alternated these 2 sets 10 x each, for a total of 20 sets = 40 min., 800 reps

10 L, 10 R, 10 L, 1o R, 1 hand swings w/36, 1 min. on 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min., 200 reps

Total workout time 60 min., 1200 reps


It always amazes me that I can get the motivation to start my training in the afternoon, because I don't want to do it! Especially after walking (in support with a friend) and Bikram yoga!

Saturday AM weight 126.2 (a little low, time to eat up!)

Menu (high calorie day)

cookies
apple fritter
candy
broccoli/red cabbage/carrot/apple salad w/PNB/yogurt/honey dressing
organic almond chocolate clusters (made by Gayle)
Misc. cheese/crackers/appetizers
champagne
salad w/balsamic, walnut dressing
4 hot yummy dinner rolls w/ lots of butter

Total calories ?????

I had a wedding to attend, it was beautiful by the way, so I knew I was going to drink and eat late. Most of my junk pig out was actually before the reception, between 11:30 - 3:00. I had a large broccoli salad to make sure I got some kind of raw veggies in my body.

The drinking made me not care how much I was eating, thank God I don't drink, but after 4 dinner rolls slathered w/butter, I didn't even eat my entree (salmon, mashed potato/veggies)or cake! Drank and danced the night away, slept incredibly well, an awesome evening.

The weekend couldn't possibly get any better at this point. Life is good.

6 comments:

Lauren Brooks said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Love to hear that you had fun. I let myself have some margaritas and enjoyed every bit of it! Oh yeah and Coldstone Icecream. mmmmmmmmmm

Royce said...

"The drinking made me not care how much I was eating, thank God I don't drink."

You ain't kidding about drinking making you hungry!!!!!



"Drank and danced the night away, slept incredibly well, an awesome evening."

This is an appropriat use of alcohol, in moderation and celebration. Wish I would have learned that oh, about 15 years ago. LOL

Sounds like you had fun.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Lauren, I wonder if they have Coldstone or something like it in Minnesota, at the cert. If they do, I'm totally treating myself next weekend!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Royce, Why??? It's not so much that it MADE me hungry, I just didn't care! I was walking around with "buddha belly"!

And, it was a celebration! I knew I would be seeing a few people that hadn't seen me since I was heavy, they almost didn't recognize me (their words). And I got to wear a smokin' new dress!!!

Mark Reifkind said...

and I got to stay home and watch UFC 70! A perfect night was had by all. well, almost.....

Royce said...

Yeah Cro-Cop getting anihalated like that made me very sad!!