Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Attitude Adjustment

I woke up Monday morning in such a good mood. The weekend was fun, my training is going well and my weight was pretty much exactly where I wanted it to be. I even bought a music CD for the first time in years and have been singing and dancing in the car!

My yoga studio changed the class schedule and doesn't offer a AM Bikram class on Mon., and it's been a while since I have been able to fit a Vinyasa class into my week, so my practice is even weaker than it would normally be. So, of course I didn't want to go. I don't like doing things that I'm not good at. But over the last week I seemed to have gone through an attitude adjustment, and my mood was good, so I decided to just have fun with it! No pressure. No competition.

I had the best class! No, I'm not that good (at vinyasa yoga), I should rephrase that, I'm fine. I stayed for the entire class including the last 10 min. Savansana (dead body pose, rest) to meditate. As I was leaving class in even a better mood, I was reminded that we always have a choice to look at the glass as half full or half empty.

I've been preoccupied for the last couple of years with this whole transformation process, and finally feel as if I can put that on "auto pilot". I'm moving forward and it's all good! I don't know if this is part of "mid life crisis" (I don't feel like it's a crisis!) but I'm definitely more open to my lifes possiblities.

Monday AM weight 127.8
6:30 Vinyasa yoga
9:00 KB snatch

Menu

4:30-9:00 coffee w/cream 75 cal.
11:30 oats/milk/almonds 275
12:00 prunes (4) 80 cal.
1:00 lg apple 120 cal.
1:30 pasta salad w/skirt steak and asparagus 550 cal.
4:30 2 large chicken thighs 500 cal.
4:30 chili pepper soup w/ black beans and spaghetti squash 300 cal.

Total calories 1900

I felt hungry all day, I mean really hungry, that's why I ate dinner so early. But 2 large chicken thighs and a huge bowl of soup finally did me in! I considered going for a walk in the evening, but I talked some sense into my obsessive compulsive, over-exercising, self and passed on it.

I know I feel heavy, but not bloated or "fat", just heavy. I'm really trying to feed muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Remember, (note to self) glass half full!

No comments: