Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year Eve Swing Combo

Still not feeling great, but good enough to go to yoga class in the morning and get an easy KB WO in the afternoon. I wanted to do some combinations that were long but relatively "easy" because I still wasn't feeling 100%. I wanted to make sure I got in at least 55 mins. of KB and when I do long combos the time goes by more quickly. Also since I missed my press WO on Thurs. I wanted to incorporate clean/press with snatches.

Clean/press requires more strength for me but doesn't get my heartrate up because they go slower. Snatches are easy, strength-wise, for me but they get my heartrate up faster. So I combine them often to compliment eachother without working "too hard".

I chose to work one side (L or R) transferring once to the other side and back to the same side, for 1 min. and then switching to the other hand for 1 more min., for a total of 2 min. per set.

8:45am Bikram yoga

1:00 KB swing, clean/press, snatch combos

Warm up w/26

40 2 hand swings 1 min. on 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min. total

Work sets w/26

#1
8 clean/press, 2 trans L, 8 clean/press, 2 trans R = 2 min. on 1 min. rest

#2
10-11 snatch, 2 trans L, 10-11 snatch, 2 trans R = 2 min. on 1 min. rest

#3
6 clean/press, snatch, 2 trans L, 6 clean/press, snatch, 2 trans R = 2 min. on 1 min. rest
( the video starts 30 secs. into this set )

I alternated these 3 sets in order 5 times. All three sets w/rest took 9 min. x 5 = 45 min. total.

10L, 10 R, 10 L 10 R, bottoms up swings = 2 min. on 1 min. rest x 2 sets = 6 min.

Total WO time 61 min.

My food was easy, I think my new attitude is might work for a while!

AM weght 130.6

Menu

coffee w/cream, cocoa 85 cal.
lg apple 120 cal.
4 prunes w/ 1/2t. PNB each 180 cal.
pork and corn stew w/ extra veggies 150 cal.
6oz. poached chicken 300 cal.
broccoli salad w/sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, tuna (2tsp. mayo) and low calorie dressing 410 cal.
chocolate tea w/1/2t. demura sugar 20 cal.

Total calories 1365

No comments: