Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tues. Messy Morning

Decided to start out my morning with my KB workout and then go to yoga later in the day. As usual I always "over do" and went to too many vinyasa yoga classes last week and messed up my shoulder. I knew that, but what I didn't know is that I screwed up my elbow too! That became apparent after a couple of combination sets that included cleans. Ow!

I had to abandon my original routines and switch over to something completely different, so again, and still, my workouts are all over the map.


I realized that I have been doing too many 2 hand swings lately (because I felt it right where I messed up my shoulder blade), so I switched over to 1 hand swings. Snatches didn't hurt, so I ended up swinging and snatching the 36.

8:00 KB

Warm up

40 2 hand swings, 1 min. on, 1 min. rest x 4 sets
10 L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R, 1 hand swings, 1 min. on, 1 min. rest x 2 sets
Total 12 min.

The work set combinations originally included cleans, presses, lateral trans. and snatches. They were 2 min sets, but I had to change it when my elbow started "pinching". But I got in 9 min. time before changing to:

Work sets w/36

#1
10 L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R 1 hand swings 1 min. on, 1 min. rest

#2
3 trans., 1 snatch x 8 repeats, (4 L, 4 R) 1 min. on 1 min rest

I alternated these 2 sets 5 x each. Total time 20 min.

10 L, 10 R x 2 (20 total reps each side) bottoms up swings, 2 min. on 1 min. rest = 5 min.

Total WO time 46 min.

I decrease my total WO time when I go up in weight. Mentally disappointing WO. Not used to injuries. Just a big reminder to be smarter.

3:30 bikram yoga