Monday, March 24, 2008

1000 Swing Monday

I'm really diggin' this 1000 swing workout....the key, for me, is to make it hard enough. The point is not to swing a light (for you) bell just to get the number, you have to take it to where the weight/work sets/rest periods will keep your heartrate on a certain target. Mine was consistent @ 160-170 after the 3 set rotation, lowering down to around 140 during the last rest period.



Warm up

20 misc. swings w/12kg, 30 sec work, 30 sec. rest x 5 sets = 5 min.

Work sets

40 2 hand swings w/16kg, 1 min work,
30 sec rest
40 2 hand swings w/20kg, 1 min work,
30 sec rest,
20 2 hand swings w/24kg, 30 sec work,
1 min. rest



100 swings / 4.5 min. per rotation, x 10 sets = 1000 swings, 45 min.

Total workout 50 min.

6 comments:

Bill Fox said...

Nice work with the 24kg.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Bill,

The hardest set was the 20kg for 1 min. after only 30 sec rest period. I'm trying to keep my arms straighter!

Colin said...

Tracy I know from reading your blog you LOVE veggies. I was just wondering if you do or have considered growing your own?

I got a fantastic little book today all about setting up your own plot for year round ultrafresh veg.

The advantages and benefits of it are amesome.

cathy b said...

Tracy,

Wow! still amazed and will continue to be in awe of what you do. I too am in the process of being great, wait a minute, I am great ;)

Tracy Reifkind said...

colin,

Growing requires a knowledge of science...I was not gifted in that area...thank God for farmers.

Besides I'm too busy snatching kettlebells, lol.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Cathy,

You are great!