Monday, March 10, 2008

1400 swings, 60 minutes

Well, it seems as if Monday has turned into "high volume" day.....I'm digging this new approach! I love that it makes me swing for 60 minutes, because I had forgotten I had stepped up my workouts, pre-surgery, consistently, close to an hour long, from 45-50 min. Here's how I broke it down:


11:30am KB (no warm up)

#1
40 2 hand swings w/16kg, 1 min work,
30 sec rest

#2
20 2 hand swings w/20 kg, 30 sec. work,
30 sec rest

#3
10 2 hand swings w/24kg, 15 sec work,
15 sec rest


I rotated these three sets in this order 20 times. Each rotation took 3 minutes to complete, x 20 sets = 60 min. Each rotaion had 70 swings x 20 = 1400 swings.

What's worse than 5:30am Bikram yoga? 4:30am Bikram yoga....stinkin' daylight savings time, lol

I haven't missed a yoga class or a KB workout. Life is good, high volume swinging is good!

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fawn said...

I am so glad you discovered hour long swings AFTER my visit... that is a mean workout!

If I ever get a complaint from my class during our regular workout, I let them know we could do 1,000 swings for the hour, like Tracy. LOL!

leslie said...

Sunday is turning into my high volume swing day. Thanks for the inspiration!

Incidentally, 5:40 am boxing is tough. 4:40 boxing is INSANE! But good for both of us for being where wanted to be on Monday morning.

Anonymous said...

You are rolling...Im gonna put on my thinking cap today and see what I can devise to keep up. My wife (also a Tracey) could not help but point out to me that I was trying to "keep up with a girl".LOL!!! I told her this is not just any girl, its the Tracy Rif!!!
Have a Great Day

BB

Tracy Reifkind said...

Fawn,

OH, make no mistake, we're doing 1000 swing workout when I get there in June! LOL

Tracy Reifkind said...

Leslie,

Swinging yes...boxing, no!

BTW how did the cioppino turn out?

Tracy Reifkind said...

Britt,

You started something.......LOL! Every Monday!

leslie said...

Cioppino was fabulous!!!