Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Finally....Fawn's Soup


Yesterday was a day filled with cooking and KB's. First my own workout, (over an hour ), and then on to Jen's house for cooking class, ( turkey and lentil soup, red and green chili, and pork roast), more KB's in the afternoon (2 clients) and then finally at Jill's house to recreate Fawn Friday's pulled pork, chick pea, veg soup w/ mussels, shrimp and grilled chard (recipe below). Jill and I also did some red chili w/pintos and ground beef. My pressure cooker, once again, to the rescue! ( I used it 4 times!)

Soup

Pulled Pork, Chick Pea, Vegetable Soup with Mussels, Shrimp and Grilled Chard

Technique;In your pressure cooker brown your pork shoulder roast. Remove roast when browned add in onion, carrots, celery and fennel. Sweat veggies with salt and dried sage. Add in presoaked (see something about beans) Chick Peas, cover with water, or if you are lucky enough to have it, chicken or vegetable stock. Add in Shoulder Roast. Pressure cook at 10lbs for 40 minutes. Remove the shoulder roast and separate flesh from fat and bone. Add in raw shrimp and muscles and Chard stems. When the muscles pop open, soup is done. Grill or pan flash chard with salt, then squeeze a half a lemon for your soup garnish.

4 comments:

fawn said...

Wow! Very nice Tracy! I am so flattered!

JWC said...

That looks insanely wonderful! A recipe that I will try for sure in the coming weeks.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Fawn,

This soup is so freakin' awesome! I have actually done it twice, but without the seafood and chard...put it in my freezer so I can pull it out and finish it off on a day I can eat as much as I want to!

Definitely a recipe for our cookbook!

Tracy Reifkind said...

jenny,

It is insane. I believe, all of the gals that took some home after class to family members got rave reviews!