Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Chicken, or The Egg?

Recently I've been reflecting on my eating habits. I've had alot of thoughts and have made some new discoveries, but my life is a work in progress, isn't that the point? The important part is that progress is a forward movement. But let me get to the subject.

Sometimes I wish I could eat whatever I wanted, and as much as I wanted, as often as I wanted....and that would be alot! I mean ALOT! And that feeling brings with it a sense, sometimes, of unfairness. And sometimes I even feel sad that I can't eat that way, or that I know I can never eat that way. Why can some people eat that way and not suffer becoming overweight? Maybe those kind of people can stay slim (metabolism, blah, blah, blah), but are really unhealthy, maybe not...it doesn't matter. The point is why do I want to eat like that?

When I have those thoughts and feelings of sadness and unfairness, I remind myself that I would rather, instead of eating massive amounts of food, be the kind of person that doesn't feel like I want to overeat....does that make sense? I would rather be the kind of person that can enjoy, all foods, but smaller amounts. The kind of person that can be satisfied, or feel satified with less. Can I be the kind of person that can eat just one cookie, instead of the whole bag? Do I need to?

So what comes first? Needing more, or being satisfied with less?

Whatever answer I conclude, I want to be the person that is happy about how much I eat or don't eat. I want be happy about the kind of foods that I eat,(and I am!) Eating is not meant to make you feel bad. Food is not meant to make you feel bad. Eating and food can be, and is joyful.

Food is good. Eating is good. Life is good. Feel good.

7 comments:

Jen Muoto said...

You must have been inside my head when you wrote that!

JWC said...

OMG, I agree with you Jen!
Every now and then, when I hit those magic moments of balance it is because I remember to have gratitude... that seems to be the key.

Anonymous said...

Alright my long distance friend...My 1500 is DONE!!! Not sure if Ill get out of bed in the morning, but it sure was fun in the challenge of completion.

Have a great week
Britt

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jen,

Great minds think alike, LOL!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jenny,

I never feel regret, only gratitude for the experience and the ability to grow from it.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Britt,

DANG IT! What now? Mmmmm....

What would my equivilant be? I mean, I could alternate the 16 and the 24kg easily for 75 min....well I knew it was time to get lean, and this kind of training can do it for sure. Dang it!

Am I going to have to do this tommorrow? Dang it! I was planing on doing 5 minute sets tomorrow with the 12 and 16, I don't know if I'm ready again for the 24, but I hate a challenge, LOL.

Hey doesn't it count that I've done over 2100 swings (1 hand) w/12kg, and I think 1600 (1 hand) w/16kg in one hours time....give a girl a break, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I really liked alternating the one and 2 hand swings during this training. Since the object is duration, I definately think the 16 (and or 12) single mixed with the 24 2 hand will make this More ENJOYABLE and it did good for me to break up the workout to ease the boredom.