Saturday, November 18, 2006

2 Minute Sets

Saturday is usually a swing combination day, but I knew I wanted to do 2 min. sets and decided to throw some cleans, presses and snatches into the mix.

When I first started to KB I combined all the moves I knew into each set. Usually a swing, clean press, snatch then transfer to the other side and repeat the sequence. It took approx. 2 1/2 min. to do 12 on each side. I would take another 2-2 1/2 min. rest, total was 5 min. per set/rest.

I only did 5-6 repeats of this combination per WO twice a week. And the results would be amazing after a few months. That's when I started training longer, and really being creative with other combinations.

The original purpose for this method was to overcome boredom by concentrating more on the sequence of movements than the workload. It's still the primary reason!

Warm-up

40 2 hand swing w/26lb. 1min. on 1 min. off Total 10 mins.

10 L 10 R x 4 repeats w/26lb. 2 min. on 1 min. off Total 15 mins.

7 L swing, clean press, snatch, trans to R repeat same combo 7 times. 2min. on 1 min. off

20 one hand swing L, 20 R, 20 L 20 R. 2min. on 1 min. off

7 clean press, snatch, transfer each side 2min. on 1 min. off

I repeated the last 4 sets 3 times in the same order. The 4 sets with rest totaled 12 min. x 3 = 36 min.

I finished with one more repeat of the last combo, 2min on 1 min. off.
And 20 1 swing/ 1 transfer 2min.

Total WO time 67 min. Approx. reps 1552


Todays menu

5:30- 7am coffee w/cream 75 cal.
7:30am pre-workout sweets 300 cal.
11:00 coffee w/ cream 45 cal.
1:30 apple 100 cal.
3:00 5 prunes w/ PNB (peanut butter) 275 cal.
4:00 mexican veg soup w/ chicken, 1/2 c.corn, 1oz. chedder cheese 450 cal.
5:30 sweets 400 cal.

Total calories 1645

Today is an optional cheat day. I could have eaten anything and everything that I wanted. But, Thursday I binged so I decided to not go crazy.

I'm completely ashamed that almost HALF of my calories came from crap. Ashamed because it's just not healthy.

I'm really proud of the food that I cook and eat. Then I blow it by what seems sometimes to be an uncontrolable hunger for sweets.

Can't get emotional about it. It's probably time to add in some carbs. I'll try that next.

Today was a good KB day.

No comments: