Saturday, November 25, 2006

Swinging Saturday

Felt good and strong before I started my workout, but as soon as I picked up the 36lb. I knew it was going to be hard. I had to combine alot of 2 hand swings with the one hand swings because my grip wasn't strong. Especially since the handle is bigger on the 36lb.

8:30 KB

Warm-up
40 2hand swings 26lb. 1 min. on 1 min. off x 3 sets
10 1hand swings L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R 1 min. on, 1 min. off x 3 sets
Total time =12 min.

10 2 hand swing, 20 transfers, 10 2 hand swing 1 min. on 1 min. off
10 2 hand swing, 40 1 swing/ 1 transfer, 20 transfers 1 min 45 sec. on 45 sec. off
10 2 hand swing, 20 transfers, 10 2hand swing 1 min. on 1 min. off
10 1 hand swing L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R 1 min. on 1 min. off

I did these four sets in this order 4 times w/ 36lb.
Total time for these four sets 8 min. 30 secs. x 4 = 34 min.

I repeated the last four sets w/ 26lb. in the same order for an additional 8 min 30 secs.
Total WO time 54 min. 30 secs. Total reps 1090 approx.

This pretty much wiped me out. I usually go for a walk later, but I was too tired. I didn't realize until this evening that it's been quite a while since I've done most of my swings w/ 36lb.


Todays menu

5-8am coffee w/ cream 85 cal.
8:00 coffee w/ cocoa and cream 100 cal.
11:30 lg. apple 150 cal.
12:30 turkey w/ gravy 250 cal., stuffing / greens 350 cal.
4:00 prunes 200 cal.
4:30 tea w/ 1/2t. honey 10 cal.
5:45 yogurt shake w/ 1 c. blueberries and 2 tbl. fiber 330 cal.

Total calories 1475

I had to have more stuffing! So I had it for lunch and ate plenty of greens along with it. And I made sure to drink alot of water today.

I made a yogurt shake for dinner by using 1 cup vanilla yogurt (Brown Cow full fat), 1 cup frozen blueberries, 2 tbl. psyillium fiber, 1 c. water,and 1 c. ice. I like to use a blender to really crush the ice and whip alot of air into it. This makes about a 3 1/2 cup smoothie.

When I first started my diet I had one of these almost everyday for 3 reasons. It was easy so I didn't have to think about it . It gave me extra fiber to ensure good elimination. And it provided the volume of food I needed ( it made me feel full).

I used to buy a smoothie at Jamba Juice until I realized I could make a better and cheaper version myself. I can vary the fat content of my yogurt (nonfat, lowfat, full fat) , the fruit and the size. Do start with vanilla flavored yogurt though, or it will not be sweet enough. Bananas are a NO-NO.

I found myself wishing I had had an extra piece pie on Thursday. I need to stay away from the Indian bakery and keep buying ice cream flavors I don't like for the rest of the family. Does it ever get easy? I don't know.

But today was a good day.

5 comments:

Jen Waak said...

I want to thank you for creating this blog. I met both you and Mark at the April RKC (I was on team Maxwell and Mark helped me with my unbelievably unflexible hip flexors), and you both had an impact on me.

Not only is what you have accomplished really inspirational, but reading about your daily challenges is a great reminder that it requires a constant effort to succeed.

Between your blog, Brad Nelson's recent post about "how bad do you want it?", and Brett's focus on "simplicity", for the first time ever I am keeping both a food and training log simultaneously. And, I have gone back to the ETK program minimum, which I will stick with until I hit my personal goals for the program.

Jen

shorty535 said...

Tracy,
I finally made it and I love it.
We have to talk ASAP.... Thanks for always supporting me!

J-me

Tracy Reifkind said...

Jen,
Thanks for your comments. I would be interested in knowing what your goals are. Sometimes putting them "out there" helps to make you more accountable!

I can't tell you how many times I want to lie about what I ate! But I can't. I've actually been better about my eating just so I can stay honest.

I'm not familiar with Brad's post or Brett's blog, but I'm going to look them up, they sound interesting.

Good luck and check in now and then, Tracy

Tracy Reifkind said...

J-me!!!!!! I miss you!!!!

Hope your holiday went well, I know you were stressed. Maybe I'll see you on Tuesday.

You know you can call me anytime, Tracy

iffer said...

Why are bananas a no no?

Just curious.

Thanks for this blog, I am learning lots!