Thursday, November 16, 2006

Think ahead Plan ahead

I eat basically the same things everyday. Sometimes it's the exact same things, sometimes I just vary the same thing based on what's in my fridge.

I like to eat at least one meal with uncooked veg as the main ingredient, like salad. And one meal with cooked veggies, like soup, stir-fry, pasta w/ veg sauce, etc.

I knew I was overbooked with appts. at work today, but food was a breeze. I already prepared extra servings of my meals yesterday, and had even pre-packed them.

Resisting the candy on other people's stations and finding the time to eat would be more challenging. I didn't get a chance to eat my last meal until 6:45.

5:30 am Bikram yoga
Todays weight 130.4 lbs.


Todays menu

5-9am coffee w/cream 100 cal.
9:30 am 3 prunes, each spread w/ 1/2 t. peanut butter 165 cal.
12:00 5 more prunes w/ 1/2 t. PNB 285 cal.
1:00 coffee w/ cream 50 cal.
2:30 apple cloeslaw salad 440 cal.
6:45 homemade veg soup w/ 2oz. pasta, 2oz. italian sausage, 2oz. turkey, 2 tbl. parmesan cheese 450 cal.
Total calories 1490


I got home around 9:00 pm and went straight to bed. As I laid there watching TV, (of course I was watching a cooking show!) it occured to me that I was a little low on calories that day and could probably afford to eat something else.

It is now 9:45pm, and I'm contemplating should I eat an apple (100 cal.), ice cream (170 cal.) more prunes w/ PNB (200 cal.)? I'm 10 mins. away from falling asleep! Why not just go to sleep? Besides, whatever I choose to eat, I HAVE to journal it on my blog.

I turned off the TV and fell asleep. Today was a good day.

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

what are the basics one should have in their fridges? you say you eat whatever is in the fridge but most people have just ready to be microwaved stuff.

what are your top ten ingredients?

love ya honey!

Tracy Reifkind said...

It's not so much "ingredients" because it depends if you make alot of your own food or "doctor up" ready made food.

Apples would top my list. I rarely leave the house without an apple. It's just enough to curb my appetite in case I'm away longer than planned. It keeps me from driving through or stopping for convenient food.

Also doctoring up food is a favorite strategy. And because of that spinach (before the recall) topped my list. I replaced it w/ chard and beet greens after the recall, both of those cook fast.

I would take a serving of "regular food" and add to it 1/2 c. cooked spinach or veg. That would permit me to eat a larger portion without adding calories.

The other top ingredients in my fridge and pantry are;

Eggs
Ready cooked protein (chicken,pork)
Yogurt
Cabbage
Carrots
Tuna
Dried fruit (cranberries, rasins, dates)
Parmesan cheese
Leftovers! always cook or buy extra

Tracy

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks, now that wasnt so hard was it :))?