Monday, November 20, 2006

Snatch build-up

I could chose to snatch on Monday or Tuesday depending on how my body feels. My back was tight today, still feeling effects of a long day sitting last week. But I have to work tomorrow, and I never miss a KB work out, so I had to train today.

It was important to keep good form and build up to snatching. I like combinations that lead with a swing going into a snatch because it sets up a groove. Here's my WO:

5:30 am Bikram yoga

10:00 Snatch cominations

Warm-up 40 2 hand swings 1 min. on 1 min. off x 5 sets
Total 10 min.

20 L 1 hand swing, 20 R 1 hand swing, 1 min. on 1 min. off x 3 sets
Total 6 min.

12, 1 swing, 1 snatch, 1 trans. L, 12, 1 swing, 1 snatch, 1 trans. R 2min. on 1 min. off
12 snatch L, 12 snatch R 1 min. on 1 min. off
I alternated these 2 sets 3x for a total time of 15 min.

24 snatch L, 24 snatch R, x 1 set 2 min. on 1 min. off

Then I repeated the previous 2 sets except in opposite order starting with:

12 snatch L, 12 snatch R 1min. on 1 min. off
12, 1 swing, 1 snatch, 1 trans. L, 12, 1 swing, 1 snatch, 1 trans. R 2min. on 1 min. off
Alternating these 2 sets 3x for a total time of 15 min.

6, 1 swing, 1 snatch, 1 trans. L, 6, 1 swing, 1 snatch, 1 trans. R 1min. on 1 min. off x 3 sets
total 6 min.

Total WO time 55min. Total reps 1012

Am weight 131.0

After weighing 129.0 yesterday I weighed heavy this morning, and I knew that was going to happen, but I didn't trip. Because of my food journal I knew what I had done wrong. Hard boiled eggs never digest easily especially when I don't eat veggies with them ( salad ). And I should of eaten the pasta for lunch instead of at the end of the day.

I weighed myself again at 11:30 after my WO and shower and weighed 130.0. I should be back to normal tomorrow.

Todays menu

5:00- 9am coffee w/cream 75 cal.
9:30 pre- workout sweets 350 cal.
12:30 veg soup w/ chicken and 1 c. leftover pasta 400 cal.
2:00 coffee w/ 1 tbl. chocolate syrup and cream 75 cal.
3:30 apple-cabbage salad w yogurt dressing and 1 tbl. dried cranberries 200 cal.
5:30 turkey soup w/ kale, 1/2 c. brown rice and 1/2 c. lentils 365 cal.
Misc. 60 cal.
Total calories 1525

I found a pkg. of ready-to-eat lentils at Trader Joes and decided to try them. The brown rice also came from TJ's frozen section.

I made some turkey stock today for my stuffing on Thursday, so I knew I would be having turkey soup for dinner. I brought the stock to a boil ( 3 cups ) and added 2 boned turkey thighs and cooked them for 30 min. on low. While those were cooking I microwaved the rice and lentils. I separated the kale leaves from the stems and chopped the stems. When the turkey thighs were done I removed them from the stock and added the chopped kale stems. I cooked them for 5 min. then added the leaves ( rough chop ) and continued to cook another 5 min. Always important to season well with S&P.

I poured the stock and kale over the rice and lentils and shredded 4 oz. of turkey meat into the soup. This made 2 serving. One for dinner tonight and one for dinner tomorrow. I'll add a couple of tbls. of parmesan cheese tomorrow.

Today was a good day.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Tracy,

I love your workouts! your combinations are awesome and all the while you are building one heck of a base!

Keep up the great work Tracy!

Franz

Tracy Reifkind said...

Franz,

I love my workouts too! Working out with KB's have truly been a miracle for me.

I often think if I would of known about this 10 years ago I might never have gained so much weight.

Thanks for the positive feedback,

Tracy