Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Snatch Day.

Last week was heavy, so I knew things had to lighten up this week. Like my WO yesterday I felt like doing some 2 min. long combinations.

9:00 am

Warm-up

40 2 hand swings x 3 sets = 1 min. on 1 min. off
10 L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R, 1 hand swings (40 reps total) x 2 sets = 1 min. on 1 min. off
Total warm up 10 min.

12 swing, snatch, transfer x 3 sets = 2 min. on 1 min. off
(Left swing, snatch, transfer to right, right swing, snatch, transfer to left = 1)
Total 9 min.

8 swing, snatch L trans, 8 swing, snatch R x 6 sets = 1 min. on 1 min. off
Total 12 min.

12 snatch, transfer x 6 sets = 1.5 min. on 1 min. off
(Left snatch, trans to right, right snatch, trans to left = 1)
Total 15 min.

12 swing, snatch, transfer x 3 sets = 2 min. on 2 min. off
Total 9 min.

6 swing, snatch, transfer x 3 sets = 1 min. on 1 min. off
Total 5 min.

Total WO time 60 min. including warm-up. 1232 reps. All work done with the 26lb.

5:15pm 45 min. walk after dinner.


Todays menu

6-8 am Coffee w/ cream 100 cal.
9 am 2 oz. chocolate fudge 225 cal.
11 am Coffee w/ cream 50 cal.
1 pm Waldorf coleslaw salad 440 cal. *see recipe
3 pm 2 chocolate suckers (See's candy) 140 cal.
5 pm Veg soup w/ 1/2 cup risotto, 4 oz. shredded chicken, 2 tbl parmesan 440 cal.
6 pm 4 prunes spread w/ 1/2 t. peanut butter each, 150 cal.

Total calories 1545

I really did not want the fudge this morning. It was there, so I ate it, stupid choice. I'm surprised and thankful I only ate a small piece.

I rarely cook with a recipe, but I went through the trouble of measuring an weighing one of my favorite fall salads;

Tracy's Waldrof Coleslaw

4 oz. shredded green cabbage
2 celery stalks diced
2 fuji apples diced 100 cal.
3-4 oz roasted turkey 350 cal.
2 Tbl. dried cranberries 50 cal.
1 oz. blue cheese 100 cal.
season w/ salt and pepper as needed

Dressing

1/2 cup good quality lowfat yogurt 60 cal.
1-2 Tbl. mayo 135 cal.

This makes 2 Tracy size servings! I added a handful of green grapes and some chopped walnuts. Dates instead of the cranberries and walnuts would be good. The ratio of yogurt to mayo is based on how many calories I can afford that day.

I had half of this salad for lunch and packed the other half to take with me to work tomorrow. I also have my soup packed and ready to go.

I never leave my house not knowing what I have to eat that day. If you can't or won't make it yourself, you need to know where to buy good clean and healthy food. And make the time to go and get it. Always make or buy extra for the next day.

My weight this morning was 130.6 lb. Today was a good day!

7 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Tracy,

great training and great numbers. WOW! You get the volume way up there, impressive.

Sounds like you like chocolate! So does my wife Yoana :) & me too.

Keep up the awesome training!

Brenda Devlin said...

Tracy even though I know your story it was great to read, you are such an insperation to everyone who has ever struggled with weight issues.You truly are so motivating to me and have helped me get on my path of weight loss.I love how open you are and how willing you are to help me and answer all of my questions.Love that.Thank you thank you for everything.Brenda

Mark Reifkind said...

Franz,

Thanks so much for your comments.

One of the miracles of KB training is that time flys by and before you know it you've done a ton of work (literaly).

Sweets are my weakness, but peanut butter is a close 2nd! Tracy

Tracy Reifkind said...

Now that Mark and I am both on the computer, we have to get used to signing in and out. The last comment obviously came from me, sorry for any confusion. TR

Tracy Reifkind said...

Brenda,

I happened to hear the song "Fighter" by Christina A. the other day during my WO and it struck home with me.

I never take for granted that I'm thinner now. Like you have heard me say before, I'm one binge away from being fat again.

I'm still fighting the "fight" like many others. Constantly looking for inspiration and motivation.

I'm so proud to see that you are bringing yummy salads to work with you. You are also an inspiration.

Keep up the good work, Tracy

Pete said...

Nice work Tracy! I hope you don't mind but I wanted to use the article and pictures of you from the Vitalics article to my academy class this monday. I am starting up a new class, and only 1 out of 51 have ever heard of kettlebells! There are 13 women in the class, and I am sure they are skeptical about what can be done with these balls of iron.

Nice work, and thanks for posting the recipes on your blog!

Pete

Tracy Reifkind said...

Pete,

Thanks for your comments. I wasn't sure anyone would care about recipes, so I'm glad you mentioned it.

I hope the article and any pictures can help motivate any one that needs it.

I'm looking for more "before" pics to post because it really is amazing, even to me.

Tracy