Tuesday, November 28, 2006

No Sugar Snatches

When I got up this morning I reflected on yesterday's post. I think I was hungry last night! I knew I would not be chosing to eat sugar before my workout this morning and it was fine!

But I knew I had to get to my workout early when my natural energy is high. Here's todays snatch WO:

8:00 am KB

Warm-up 40 2 hand swing x 5 sets, 1min. on 1 min. off Total 10 min.

#1 1 swing , 1 high pull 10 L, 10 R x 1 set, 1min. on 1 min. off Total 2 min.

#2 1 swing, 1 high pull, 1 snatch, 6 L, 6 R 1 min 30 sec. on 1 min off
#3 1 high pull, 1 snatch, 1 transfer 8 L, 8 R 1 min. 30 sec. on 1 min. off
#4 1 high pull, 1 snatch 6 L, 6 R 1 min. on 1 min. off
#5 12 snatch L, 12 snatch R, 1 min. on 1 min. off

I did the last 4 combinations (#'s 2,3,4,5) 4 times in the same order. The total time for one set each ofthese 4 combos was 9 min. 4 sets of 4 combos total 36 min.

1 high pull, 1 snatch, 6 L, 6 R ( same as set # 4) 1 min. on 1 min off x 5 sets Total 10 min.

1 swing, 1 high pull 10 L, 10 R (same as set #1) 1 min. on 1 min. off x 1 set Total 2 min.

Total WO time 60 min.

I had never done high pulls before, but I watch Mark every Sat. so I thought I'd try. I liked them.

4:30pm 45 min. walk

Todays menu

5:00-11am coffee w/cream 100 cal.
11:30 5 prunes w/PNB 210 cal.
1:30 veg soup and one turkey enchilada 400 cal.
2:30 yams w/ butter and brown sugar 550 cal.!
5:30 red pepper salad w/bulgar wheat and pineapple 200 cal.
Misc. 100 cal.

Total calories 1560

I had to try and replicate Mr. Millers yam recipe today. He makes the best yams! My version came really close, nothing compares to the original. The recipe calls for a ton of butter, that's why the calories are so high. I think I can tweek the recipe enough next time and not use as much butter, but still make them super yummy. The secret is in the prep and roasting method.

Already packed my lunch for tomorrow, I'm good to go.

Today was a good day. ( It's my 19th wedding anniversary today)

4 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

Happy Anniversary Honey! Love ya!

Ken Black said...

WOW! Congrats to the both of you:)

VegasMoe said...

Hey Tracy, I'm Mark's buddy from Las Vegas. I wanted to know if you were going to do a DVD or post videoclips. I have clients here in Las Vegas that I tell about you all the time. I'm sure they would love to see how you do what you do because you are an inspiration to them, and you are a huge inspiration to me. Thanks!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Hey vegasmoe, Mark and I are always kicking around ideas for getting my training on video and dvd. But nothing serious yet. I hope the in new year we can get something started. Thanks so much for your interst, that adds to the motivation. Tracy