Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

I remember when we owned a gym, and if Mark's work out day was on a major holiday we were open! Even on Christmas! Thursday is my clean/press day and as long as it stays that way I'll be training on Turkey Day.

10:30 KB

Warm-up 40 2 hand swings x 5 sets 1 min. on 1 min. off
Total 10 min.

20 L, 20 R 1 hand swings x 5 sets 1 min. on 1 min. off
Total 10 min.

1 swing, 13 clean/press L 1 min. on 1 min. off
1 swing, 13 clean/press R 1 min. on 1 min. off
40 2 hand swing w/36lb. 1 min. on 1 min. off
1 swing, 13 clean/press R 1 min. on 1 min. off
1 swing. 13 clean/press L 1 min. on 1 min. off
40 2 hand swing w/36lb 1 min. on 1 min. off

Repeat these 6 sets x 3, 12 min. x 3 = 36 min. total

bottoms up swings 10 L, 10 R, 10 L, 10 R, 2min. on 1 min off x 2 sets
Total 6 min.

Total WO time 62 min. total reps. approx. 804

I knew I wanted to do 1 min. sets, since I had been doing 2-3 min. sets last week. Yesterdays 3 min. sets really worked me, I especially noticed it on my grip today.

I wanted to make them hard. So I did 1 min. sets all on one side first then the other side. I always use the 26lb. unless noted otherwise.


Thanksgiving Menu

Let's just say it's all a delicious blur! I started with dessert first! We have a very casual get together, so when I arrived a friends house and noticed they had already sliced into the cheesecake I followed their lead. And of course I went for the carbs!

coffee
cheesecake
peach cobbler
corn bread
ham
turkey
yams
potatos w/ gravy
greens
stuffing
more yams ( my friends dad makes THE best yams! )
berry pie
coffee
a couple more bites of stuffing

Started eating at 2:00 I couldn't eat anymore at around 4:30. Had to take a nap before driving home. It was my intention to take a walk around 6:00 but I was so full and so tired I just went to bed.

Today was a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, your workouts rock. Love the hair! xoxo Jen

Anonymous said...

I just read all of your blog. I think you're sharing some great ideas for workouts and it's very inspiring. You look great, and I love how you still want to eat better, workout harder and strive for more. :) Let's see some recipes, too. Jennifer

Mark Reifkind said...

Jen, what did your last KB workout consist of??? Let's get together so I can kick your ass!! Did you get your 26lb. yet? Tracy

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten my bigger weight yet b/c I dicked around thinking I would get the cheaper ones. But now I want "the best" (per Mark), so I have to wait. I just do two handed swings (10 sets), then 10 sets each hand. I need the bigger weight to challenge myself at this point. You will kick my ass no matter what.