Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursdays Clean, Press Combos

Unlike Tuesday I started my workout later than usual. My sugar cravings came on with a vengence. Around 9:00 I just felt dull. I started to think about the candy I had in the other room. I started craving the rush I knew I would get from eating straight up sugar candy.

So I caved. I ate some candy. And it felt great. And as I was posting yesterday's events on my blog (this morning after I ate the candy), I was literally shaking. No kidding! And I liked it. And I felt guilty. But I knew I would have a great WO.

But I figured out a few things. I start to lose my natural energy around 9:00am, because I recently (about 2 months ago) started waking up before 5:00am on a regular basis. Even on the weekends. So If I start my WO after 8-8:30am that's when I feel like I need a jolt.

Also I didn't used to eat anything before 11:30-12:30 (execpt coffee w/cream)and would try to stop eating by 6:00. Now I find myself hungry by 10:00 but don't have any problem not eating after 5:30.

One more thing that I like about a sugar rush, my appetite is suppressed. I spend so much time thinking about food, it's feels nice to not think about it.

Anyway here is the workout I did today:

10:45 KB

Warm up w /40 2hand swings x 3 sets 1 min. on 1 min. off 6 min. total
40 2 hand swings w/36lb x 3 sets 1 min. on 1 min. off 6 min. total
1 hand swings 10L, 10R, 10L, 10R, 10L, 10R, x 3 sets 1 min. 30 sec. on 1 min. off 7 min. 30sec. total
Total warm up 19 min. 30 sec.

Clean, press, snatch 4L, 4R, 4L, 4R x 5 sets 2min . on 1 min. off 15 min. total

Clean, press, snatch, transfer 7L, 7R 2min. on 1 min. off (the video demonstrates 1/2 of this set)
40 2 hand swings w/36lb. 1 min. on 1 min. off

I alternated the last 2 sets 6 times for a total of 30 min.

Total WO time 64 min. 30 sec.

Oh, I forgot I finished with 2 sets of bottoms up swings 10L, 10R, 10L, 10R 2 min. on 1 min. off 5 min. total


Todays menu
AM weight 130.4

5-9:00am coffee w/cream 150cal.
9:15 candy 150cal.
12:30 cabbage salad w/ turkey and curry dressing 350cal.
1:30 prunes, PNB, almonds 300cal.
2:30 small smoothie, 1/2c. vanilla yogurt, 1c, blueberries, 2tbl. fiber 1c. cold coffee and 1 c. ice 210cal.
4:30 cheese and apple samples at Whole Foods 60cal.
6:00 veg soup w/ 2oz.turkey, 2 egg whites, 2tbl. parm cheese 350cal.

Total calories 1570
7:15-8:00pm walk

Today was the last leftover turkey day!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Hey Tracy,

Wow! Having not seen you for years, I am so impressed AND inspired with your transformation. You look friggin amazing!!

I only recently started reading your blog and must say: I’m completely drawn into it; primarily by your raw honesty and total transparency. It really gives me hope. As you probably know from Mark, I just started training with him and can only do once a week, so I’m still very new to the Kettlebell thing, and don’t understand all of your WO notes. The video clip of the Clean/Press/Snatch….etc. really helped though. (Helped & intimidated me – at the same time). You make it look so easy.

I’m anxious to receive my own set of KB’s. I’ve got an 18#, 26# & 36# slotted to arrive this week. I’m training with Mark tomorrow and hopefully, with the DVD’s and his assistance, I can get to a place of consistency (…after I acquire a good foundation base from Master Rif, of course) and begin to model you in strength, form & grace.

Till then, a few quick questions on the diet (which I love reading. Again, it really helps put a lot of this into tangible context, especially as you note the times and detail of what & when you consume things):
1. What is PNB?
2. Why are bananas a NO-NO?
3. I’m curious what type or brand of candy you turn to.

Please wish me luck. Right now I feel so clunky and gooney; could be my impatience showing.

Thanks, Tracy.

Elaine

PS: May I just say: "Wow!" one more time?

Mark Reifkind said...

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Blogging is turning out to be new motvation for me. Also I'm so pumped up about KB training I can't believe more people aren't doing it!

PNB is peanut butter.

Bananas are a no-no because there are so many fruits available that have more water and less sugar. I find it funny that most fat people, when allowed a "fruit" go for the banana because it's so dense (therefore they feel fuller) and sweet.

As far as candy choices, I'm always searching for candy made with real ingredients, like sugar instead of corn syrup. Not that I'm always good like that. I eat my share of cheap candy corn, jelly beans etc.

In the summer ice cream was my drug of choice. I tried to stay with the premium ice creams. And especially like LaLoo's goat milk ice cream. It's made with real ingredients and only has 150cal. per serving. That meant I could eat a whole pint for 600-700cal.!

Keep checking in with Mark (isn't he awesome?)about evening classes. I'm finding myself in PA on Tues. and/or Thursdays.

Absolutly good luck! Just know that this type of training can give you a body you've never had before. And I know how hard you are capable of training This is better!

Tracy

Tracy Reifkind said...

Mark and I are still trying to remember to sign in and out. Sorry for any confusion.

Tracy